Tuesday, October 13, 2009
So, Michelle got this sudden urge to go to California a few weeks ago. She woke up and said: "Let's go to California today." I said, "If we must." So we did. We stayed w/ her friend Nikki and her husband, John.
10. Getting lost on the way there: then, on the way to the new route, running into a major traffic jam! Uggggh!
9. The weather was heavenly.
8. Their house was merely 15 min from the beach.
7. The kids had a blast...it was their first time at the beach.
6. Lydia played in the mud like there was no tomorrow.
5. Russ loved splashing in the water, but soon got very cold and had to change into sweats.
4. Russ only ate sand about twice.
3. Jordo finally got to try surfing for the 1st time in his life...now he's content to stick to the wakeboard...wow that was a lot of work.
2. Sand castles, hermit crabs, burying our feet.
1. Cruisin' down Pacific Coast Hwy....and really feeling California.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
This a bunch of pictures from our trip to the Grand Canyon over Labor Day Weeekend, 2009.
Top Ten Things to Remember:
10. Too many chiefs setting up the tents in a dark campground the first night.
9. Trying to keep the fire alive w/ only 1 small bundle of wood....mmmm s'mores
8. Breakfast burritos and chocolate scones for breakfast.
7. The motorcade for the Chinese consulate.
6. The nazi bus driver...that lady was seriously out of control..."don't make me use this" (as she points to her walkie talkie).
5. Opa smashing a bumble bee inside the bus w/ his bare hands! (And the animal rights lady that freaked out afterword).
4. Opa talking about the group of Mexicans that were on the bus as if they couldn't understand him (just because they're speaking Spanish, doesn't mean they don't also speak English).
3. Making sure Russell and Lydia don't fall off the cliff.
2. Carrying around the stroller and Russell in our arms (why did we bring that stroller anyway?)
1. The perfect weather, the breathtaking views, the fact that we were in the car for about as much time as we were at the Grand Canyon, seeing Aunt Linda at the fire station. OK, that's a bunch of extra memories rolled up into one, but it would have been lame to keep counting down into the negative numbers.
Posted by Michelle at 11:23 PM
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Yes, Russell's finger is in his nose and this is the last look at our home in Memphis just before we left town. Unfortunately we left it unsold. We are still praying and trusting that all things will work out for good. Paying our house payment while we don't live there is a major bummer though.
Jordan and I asked both our dads to come and help us move and drive cross-country. We towed one of our cars behind the tow truck and drove the other one with the kids in it. Lydia and Russell were pretty good. . . most of the time! We drove through Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas and then into Colorado. After the trailer towing one of our cars had a blow-out we all arrived safely at our destination. We unloaded everything we own into Jordan's Parent's basement. We are so lucky! After a rest-day on the boat, Jordan and my dad drove from Colorado to Arizona and I flew with Lydi-lu and Russ to Phoenix. We are all blessed that we didn't have to spend another two days with our kids in a car.
We are in Az! It's like Oz, but a lot hotter and drier, plus cactus and rocks. We are living with my folks and it's a great thing that they have a pool! We are pretty used to things and we love the new adventures we are having. . . with family!!! It's wonderful living with my Mom, Dad, and Sisters Annie and Chrissy. And Theresa lives down the street and we get to hang out with her too. Family is the BEST!
Posted by Michelle at 12:48 PM