Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thanksgiving and getting

So, Thanksgiving 2008 was one of the best ever! We drove to Texas to spend our week vacation with my Aunt Diane and Uncle Andy on their ranch. Seven of their eight children were there and my family all drove and flew in also. It was a packed house/dome/horse trailer! We rode horses, checked cows, fed goats and chickens, did a little rooster crowing, slid down slides at the 'park,' rode a wagon pulled by two ginormous horses, played 9-hole frisbee golf on a homemade course, rode ATV's, milked a cow, sang Thanksgiving songs, had a bonfire, and of course, celebrated Thanksgiving with ALL the trimmings. We also read the official declaration of Thanksgiving by Lincoln. One word: FABULOUS! We are so blessed for all we've been given in our lives and for opportunities to give back. We can never be too grateful for all we have been given. We just keep on trying to give and serve in return and keep on loving, living and thanking God along the way.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so excited!!!! It looks like you guys had a great time! I bet Lydia was exhausted by the time the trip was over!!!!

Great pics! You guys look great!

Unknown said...

What fun! I'm glad you mentioned that this was your extended family's place with the dome... I totally remember those stories! :) What part of TX? I'm glad your whole family was able to be there together.

Your kids need thier bricks re-applied to their heads to keep them from growing up! Lydia is getting to be such a sweet BIG girl, and Russell... it seems like I just blinked and he was already 5 months! How do you stand it?!? Love you girl! Say hello to everyone for me! :)