Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chrreeees-mas 2008


We spent much of our Christmas break painting the inside of our house, but we did get in the essentials: caroling and cookie delivering, Santa visit, Christmas dinner, etc. Lydia's kitchen was the favorite gift item and now she has a kitchen "just like you, Mommy!"
I felt like Russell got cheated since I didn't get as many things for him. I could only justify it by reasoning that I only got Lydia few things when she was his age as well. Good thing he's not old enough to care. I know I was more distressed about it than anyone else was.
Unfortunately we were not successful with potty training this time around. . . 6 days of almost zero success means we should try again later (I say almost b/c I caught her just as she was bearing down to go #2 and she did a token little gem in the potty and then did the real deal in her diaper 10 minutes later). Yeah, our house didn't smell so good with the painting and soiled clothes hanging everywhere (I refused to do more than 1-2 loads of laundry per day!). Yeah, I'll try that some other time when I get up enough "fight" in me.
Another year and no Christmas card out. I gave Jordo the job of Christmas cards when we got married and he says it's my job. Maybe it will get done one of these years. . . soon maybe.
We had a wonderful Christmas and Christ's Spirit was all about us. What a wonderful season! Lydia loved singing hymns and carols. Her favorite? "Oh, you better not pout, you better not pout, you better not pout, I'm tellin' you why. . . Santa Claus is comin' to town."

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yay! You're posting again!! Love it. Looooove the pictures too. And I'm so glad you had lovely holidays! :)