Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sassy



Lydia has just started saying the words: "actually" and "okay?" And she has got some sass with it too. She currently loves riding on a swing, the real, big-kid kind; and she loves riding the shopping carts with the toy car attached to the front. Russell rolls from back to front with perfect ease and has been doing that for a while. But, he has rolled from front to back a few times as well now. Unfortunately he found his left thumb as a perfect device for sucking and this has caused me much bitter-sweet grief! For more than a week now I have kept his little hands covered with socks while he sleeps to discourage it. I feel guilty doing it, but I don't want this to turn into a habit. Any suggestions? He also just started squealing. It's kind of like baby singing, but way high pitched and shrilly. Lydia still loves him almost to death, literally. Today I had to teach her not to smother his face. . . since he can't breath when she's lying on him. How do you teach a 2-year-old about the necessity of breathing and air?

Jordan is enjoying seeing patients and he saw his first glaucoma patient. He also had a patient with a blood pressure of 188/113! He's wondering now why he didn't just call 911. Oh, and joke of the day: How many optometrists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One or two. Get it? "Which view is better, one or two?" Hilarious!

I'm going to start a rotating play school with Lydia this week with a bunch of other moms with toddlers. I am so excited! On weeks when I'm not hosting I get a little time with just Russell. I have a guilty parent complex since my first baby got all of my attention and my second baby gets not even half. Any one else feel the same? Oh well, he's surviving and so are the rest of us.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hannah sucks her thumb and I love it! I totally hope that all my kids suck their thumbs! I guess it is a personal preference! Poor guy wants to suck his thumb..I say let him!

Lydia is so cute!!!! I love her cute little smiles and faces in the pictures! Both your kids are adorable!

How is life with 2 kids?

melody said...

Your kids are darling! The play school sounds great. Enjoy the time with your littlest one! Good to read about your fam.

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

I'm right there with you on the guilty conscience thing....but then again, that is no surprise (great minds think alike:)). Love seeing all the pictures even though I'm lucky enough to get to see them in real life too :)